Since the Cleveland Cavaliers won it’s first championship in June, the NBA landscape has changed dramatically. Multiple players have moved around and a few teams have stepped up to the next level. Nonetheless, I still believe the Cavaliers are in a prime position to repeat as champions and here are some reasons why.
- No more coaching drama. Plenty of problems with team matters under the wing of David Blatt, Tyronn Lue swooped in and saved the day. Although the change led to a championship, there was some growing pains and adjustments that players had to fight through midway into the season. This upcoming, looking forward to no drama as Lue remains the Head Coach for the Cavs.
- Kevin Love knows how to be Effective. Missing out on the playoffs due to shoulder surgery, his production slipped flowing into the regualar season; Not being able to find his niche with the team. As the upcoming season is nearing, Love will be healthy and aware that he can be the All-Star the team needs.
- Still favorites in the East. The eastern conference is known for being a weak conference. The Cavs have not exactly dominated the East, but the four time MVP LeBron Jamess has. No matter what team he represents, everyone knows that Team James is the heavy favorite to win the Eastern Conference.
- Kyrie Irving is only getting better. At justthe young age of 24, Irving already is one of the best point guards in the league. With his brilliant finals performances earned him a spot on the 1016 U.S. Olympic Men’s Basketball Team. With all that said Irving joins James, Jordan, Pippen as the only players to win a championship and gold medal in the same year. His confidence is what carries and drives him to do better.
- New-Look Golden State Warriors. The warriors appear to be the only reason the Cavs wont repeat. After the addition of Kevin Durant, they look unbeatable. Polls have already declared the Warriors as the 2017 Champions! But that gives all the motivation to the Cavs yet again. Just adding fuel to the fire!